A healthy and delicious breakfast with a homemade granola that's packed with wholesome ingredients
Indulge in a healthy and delicious breakfast with a homemade granola that's packed with wholesome ingredients. Made with oats, nuts, seeds, and sweetened with honey or maple syrup, this granola is a crunchy and satisfying addition to your yogurt or smoothie bowl.
- Oats 300g
- Nuts & seeds of your choice walnuts, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, some ground flaxseeds, shredded coconut, coconut flakes.
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 tbs of honey or maple syrup
- 1 or 2 scoops of plain yoghurt or unsweetened kefir or coconut yoghurt for a vegan option
- Berries or fruits of your choice
- In a big bowl place all the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix: the coconut oil and the maple syrup or honey
- mix the nuts with the coconut oil and syrup
- Place the mix on a baking sheet in the oven 180C for about 30 minutes (check often, it tends to burn easily)
IN THE MORNING Add 1 or 2 scoops of your choice of yoghurt or unsweetened kefir to some granola and add some berries or fruits of your choice. Enjoy!
- Yoghurt* or unsweetened kefir are good probiotics and are rich in proteins and healthy fats
- Fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals and fibres
- Nuts and seeds are a good source of healthy fats, minerals and fibres
- Oat is full of dietary fibres and magnesium and it is good to lower bad cholesterol
*The bacteria used in yogurt production ferments lactose in milk, reducing the amount of lactose in the final product and making it easier for individuals with lactose intolerance to tolerate compared to other dairy products. However, the level of lactose reduction can vary between different types of yogurt and some individuals may still experience symptoms.
Make sure you buy a good quality whole milk organic yogurt with two ingredients only: milk and ferments